"Coaching is about helping someone to get the best performance out of themselves – the potential for which was already there"
Sir John Whitmore - Performance Coach
What is Coaching?
Coaching about supporting you to create clarity and realise your personal potential. A coach will assist you bridge the gap between where you are now and where you would like to be, far more effectively than if you worked alone.
What will coaching do for me?
- - Raise your awareness through asking questions, this means you can get clear on what you truly want and who you really are
- - Assist you to create practical, step-by-step action plans to reach your goals
- - Provide on-going support through any changes or obstacles you may encounter
- - Provide you with tools, techniques and strategies to create lasting change and success
What can I expect from coaching?
- - Be listened to in a totally confidential and non-judgmental environment
- - Be challenged in your current way of thinking to find the paths that make you feel more congruent with aspects of your life.
- - Explore your current way of thinking.
- - Reprogramme your unhelpful thought patterns to make more positive decisions.
- - Set manageable steps and agree actions to move you from where you are now to where you want to be.
Is a coach someone to sort my problems out?
Although some skills may be similar, a coach is not a counsellor, a therapist, a mentor or a consultant. The main difference is that a coach will focus on future possibilities rather than past mistakes. Pure coaching is built on the belief that you have all the answers that you need. A coach will assist by tapping into your internal resources to get you from where you are now to where you want to be in the future.
What sort of people get coaching?
Rodetal coach many different people including engineers, journalists, senior managers, PhD students and even playwrights. People come to Rodetal for coaching through a number of transistion points in their life. Everyone who comes to Rodetal for coaching has one thing in common - a desire to make a change or implement a new habit.
Our clients know that there is a gap between where they are now and where they want to be in the future. We work with motivated people who believe they can make a difference.